How to learn
Here are 10 recommendations for learning as a product manager (or actually any job):
Why it matters
- If we don't learn, we will repeat old mistakes
- If we don't learn properly, we waste time and energy
- Learn no random things.
- Start with finding a problem to solve (not with a solution).
- Start with learning for yourself (not for your team, department or company).
- Focus on changing something (not just digesting information).
- Be mindful of a gap between desired change and your status quo (don't hope for huge changes).
- Use existing knowledge to guide your learning.
- Reflect on your learning style.
- Use spaced repetition to reinforce what you learned before.
- Ask "why" to understand what and how you learn.
- Find mentoring and mentor yourself.
Did this help you?