My Product Lead Test
I have a very clear idea how I want to work as a product leader with organizations.
Focused, structured, and empower smart individuals and are the 3 main themes for me.
For any potential collaboration, I want to make sure we get to as many "yes" as possible.
- Do you talk to users at least once per week?
- Do you have expectations of what product leaders are and are not responsible for?
- Do you have a product vision that gets updated at least every quarter?
- Do you have a refined and repeatable process to align and commit on goals?
- Do you have a single actionable metric to guide product development?
- Do you have guidelines on how decisions are being made?
- Do you enforce standards for meetings?
- Do you have a coaching concept and budget for product leaders?
- Do you have a leveling and growth concept for product managers?
- Do you enforce a policy that guarantees a healthy work/life balance for your employees?
Please add a "documented" to every question because only then it is an explicit sustainable practice.